Questions and Answers
Your Questions About Google Mail
How do I set Google Mail as my mail default. Windows Vista – Office 2007?
I have found how to add yahoo as the default mail in the Control Panel, but I don’t see how to add Google mail. Is it possible?
Here is a link to google step by step instructions:
Making Gmail your default mail application
You can designate Gmail as your default mailto handler. This means that when you click on any hyperlinked email address, a Gmail compose window will open so you can send a message to that address from Gmail.
To do so in Windows:
1. Download the Gmail Notifier.
2. Right-click the Notifier icon in your system tray, and select Options.
3. Check the box next to Use Gmail for internet mailto: links.
4. Click OK.
If you decide later that you don’t want to use Gmail as your default email application, simply uncheck the box.
And, if you’re using a Mac, you can set your default mailto handler by following these steps:
1. Download the Google Notifier.
2. Open the Notifier.
3. Click the Mail icon on the Menu bar and go to Preferences…
4. Select the Gmail tab and choose Gmail as the program from the Compose mail in drop-down menu.
Note: The Notifier is currently available in English only.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers