Questions and Answers
Your Questions About Cheap Car Insurance For Men
What is the cheapest insurance company/policy/options for a 23 year old man?
I have always been under my parent’s insurance policies, but now I need to get my own…Im 23 and have had 1 accident but several tickets in my MVR…Any advice on who I should go through would be much appreciated!! Thanks
First of all, how far back do the tickets go? If they are simple moving violations, they are normally rated for 3 years, then they drop off, and cannot be used against you. If, however, it is a biggie, like Driving under the Influence, that can haunt you for many years (10 in some states).
Go to your local Dept of Motor Vehicles. Get a print out of your driving record so you know how many points you have.
Secondly, make an appt w/ your local agent. You probably don’t have as many assets as your parents, so you don’t need as much liability insurance to protect them. However, don’t fool yourself into thinking you will get off cheaply. If your driving record is as bad as you say, the carriers will charge you because you present a pretty substantial risk.
If you get a renter’s policy for your home or apartment (presuming you don’t live w/ Mom & Dad anymore), you can get a small discount to offset the increase.
The basic rule of thumb indicates the older your car is, the cheaper it is to insure. That is to say, if you want property coverage for it.
Otherwise, you may want to consider taking the bus for awhile until your driving record recovers. Much cheaper in the long run.
What determines car insurance prices?
I’m going to get my first car soon. im 20 years old, been driving for a while, clean record. someone told me that the car you drive really makes a difference in the insurance price. Ive heard things like, white cars are cheapest, old cars are cheapest as well..
I dont knwo what car I’m buying but I want to get something that will get me a cheap insurance. So what shuld I get? An older car or a newer one? Also does color matter? things like that. thanks all!
Top 5 Factors Determining Your Car Insurance Rate
Auto insurance can be confusing and mind boggling sometimes and it’s hard to determine exactly why some individuals are receiving rates which are lower than others. There are many factors which contribute to the rate of auto insurance, some you have control over and others you don’t.
Below you will find valuable information regarding the factors which are compiled in order to determine the rate of your car insurance. These will help you understand important aspects of auto insurance and why some individuals receive higher rates than others. Here are the top five factors which auto insurance companies will consider when determining your rate of insurance:
1. Age – Your age will greatly affect the rate of your car insurance. Teenagers and individuals who are just beginning to drive will have higher rates for no reason other than their age. There is nothing you can do about this, as you get older and become a more experienced driver your rates will go down. Although they will go down, they will not stay down. When you reach a certain age your car insurance rates will go back up because you are an elderly driver and your eyes and coordination may not be as effective anymore.
2. Auto Insurance Companies – This is a factor which you have control over. Some car insurance companies offer lower rates than others for many reasons. It is up to you to choose which one will benefit you the most both now and in the long run.
3. Gender – Whether you are male or female will also affect the rate of your car insurance. This is yet another factor which you have no control over. Females generally have lower car insurance rates because according to insurance companies men are seen as potential dangerous and careless drivers who are more likely to be involved in car accidents.
4. Type of Vehicle – As much as we would all love to be driving a shiny silver Porsche Boxter all around town, the insurance rates for these types of vehicles are unreal. If you want your auto insurance rates to be low, I would suggest driving a car with a lower price tag. The more money your car is worth, the higher your car insurance rate will be.
5. Driving Violations – This is another factor which you have control over. I know how tempting it is to race your friends the moment you get your license for the first time, but the amount of money you will pay in the long run hardly seems worth it. Any form of ticket you receive can potentially raise the rate of your car insurance. If you want to pay less for car insurance I would suggest abiding by the rules of the road.
Although these are the most important factors in determining your rate of car insurance, there are many other factors which also play a part in how much you will pay. Auto insurance is something we all have to pay for, but by researching and understanding the aspects of this form of insurance you are learning how to reduce your rate to your best ability.
What kind of car modifications help to increase horse power?
I have a stock 2006 Mazda 6 2.3L I4 and I was wondering about modifications. I’m not too familiar with car modding, but I’m slowly getting into the car scene and looking into increasing horse power and general speed of the car.
What sort of modifications will allow this? If so, can you list them and explain what each one does and if you know what models are good to add to the Mazda, I would greatly appreciate that.
Sell that car and buy a late 60′s or early 70′s muscle car so many easy performance parts to add on cheap and you wont look like a douche and most stock cars from that time will blow the doors off any old honda or mazda and don’t be afraid of insurance you can get classic insurance which would be 10 times cheaper then what your paying already. If you want to learn about cars go back and take a look at the classics and work your way to modern you understand man youtube some videos of Novas, Challangers , Monte Carlos, Impalas, Chevelles, Chargers, WildCats, Road Runners, Cudas if you live in the states you’ll have access to all of that at your finger tips. Girls wont be far behind unless you gun it with your 440 and a real decent car all done up will cost you under $ 10 000 iv seen cars go for $2000 that should be worth 30 000
What do feminists think of ‘women only car insurers’?
And cheaper insurance for women?
Is it right and justifiable?
Explain your answer and reason fairly.
It only makes sense that a womans insurance rate should be less than a man’s. A man gets mad & loses his temper in real life, so imagine what he would do behind the wheel with road rage. With road rage, even the nicest of people go looney. So men who anger easily surely would!!
Why is my car insurance quote £1700 more if women and men are meant to have the same premium?
After an EU court of justice ruling I believe that male and female insurance is supposed to be the same?
I have a quote as a male at £2800 whilst £1100 as a female?
these were found on a comparison site.
Why is this allowed and what can I do about it?
That doesnt come into the end of the year
what you can do about it is add a woman as an additional driver, this will lower the premium, quite alot, so if you have a friend ask them if you can add them, they dont have to drive the car, but if they might drive it, you really ought to have them on just to be on the safe side. Also, say you car is parked on the street, thats usually cheaper than a garage/driveway.
Try different comparison sites at different times of day, amazingly they do come up with different results!
If certain cheap insurance companies (like admiral and co if you are young) dont come up for your quote but do for the females, go to buy on that quote and change the details in their site, this will get you a better price than going direct to the website usually.
Or you can wait, but dont expect the price to come down dramatically for you. Although you will be older, which will help.
What what would be a cool car to supercharge?
I am looking for a first car to buy. I also want that car to not be considered a sports car, co i can keep insurance lower. I am having trouble looking for a car that would be cool enough, and be worth making it supercharged. I also need it to be a little bit on the cheaper side. All answers will be greatly appreciated.
So…you want a cheap car, that is low on insurance, because you’re cheap on money….
But then you want to spend the thousands and thousands of dollars it will take to supercharge it?
Man, have you got your priorities mixed up.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers