Cheap Monthly Car Insurance

Questions and Answers

Your Questions About 1 Day Car Insurance For 18 Year Old

June 25, 2013

Donna asks…

how to apply for the cash for clunkers program?

my car has over 225000 miles and very low gas mileage and being a new single mom i need a little break. how to you apply for this clunkers program?

Administrator answers:

You don’t actually “apply” for the incentive.

Allow me to explain the program. It is designed to benefit:
*Consumers – this action provides them something very tangible in this economic environment
*The Economy – it supports the automotive industry which plays such an important role in the overall health of our economy
*The environment – because it allows us to get greener faster, in terms of taking less fuel efficient vehicles off the road and putting more fuel efficient vehicles on the road
*New Vehicle Dealers – this program provides tremendous opportunity to reach out to a huge base of customers and sell them one of their outstanding new products.

The Bill (pdf download cited below ) was signed on June 24, 2009. The government has assigned NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) to set it all up. They have 30 days to do this. The program should be ready BY July 24, 2009. It is scheduled to end on November 1, 2009… Or when the allotted money runs out, whichever comes first. It is a “first come – first serve basis”.
It is a complicated task to organize the whole thing and New Car Dealers will be responsible to make the process seamless for consumers.

To make the process easier on yourself there is a step by step process (tutorial) on the Official website that the Government has set up.
(It is important that consumers go to this site for the Official verification of the rules, because there are already scams and misinformation all over the net.)

The 6 step process:

Step #1
Visit the website ( )for CURRENT information.
The site will also list which new car dealers are registered to participate. Not all dealers are required to. You can also call around to dealers to see if they are going to participate. You will also have to visit another government website for the Official (new) fuel economy ratings.
( )
Step #2
Determine if you qualify, then shop for a new car.
The basic rules are :
*Your vehicle must be less than 25 years old on the trade-in date
*Only purchase or lease of new vehicles qualify
*Generally, trade-in vehicles must get 18 or less MPG (some very large pick-up trucks and cargo vans have different requirements)
*Trade-in vehicles must be registered and insured continuously for the full year preceding the trade-in
*You don’t need a voucher, dealers will apply a credit at purchase
*Program runs through Nov 1, 2009 or when the funds are exhausted, whichever comes first.
*The vehicle that you are trading in is required to be destroyed. Therefore, the value you negotiate with the dealer for your trade in is not likely to exceed its scrap value. The law requires the dealer to disclose to you and estimate of the scrap value of your trade-in vehicle.
[When "shopping for the new car", there are certain rules for that too... So go back to STEP #1]

Step #3
Bring the title, registration and insurance papers showing continuous registration and insurance coverage for the past full year. The trade car MUST be: drivable ;Registered,insured & titled to the same owner for at least the last 12 months prior to the transaction

Step #4
When you buy or lease a new vehicle, the dealer handles the submission of all required information to NHTSA. The Dealer will also verify the documents.

Step #5
NHTSA ensures that your purchase meets the requirements. This is the tricky step…because if any of the qualifiers from any of the previous steps are determined to be inaccurate or fraudulent, the dealer that has “fronted” the cash rebate to you, will not see the reimbursment funds

About 10 days later, NHTSA will issue a financial credit to the dealer—assuming all program requirements have been met.

Ford has also put together a website for consumers to help with Step #2
( )

I hope this helps.

Ruth asks…

what do you need to be able to drive your parents car in southern california?

first- How old would you have to be to drive your parents car by yourself, legally?
second- Would you need your own auto insurance or are you allowed to drive under your parents?
third- (I am 17 yrs old)

Administrator answers:

Wells, lets start, do u have a license? Or a permit?if is a permit u have to be with some one that has a license in the car at all times. (u cannot drive at night). Yes, u have to be in the insurance, sum type of paper saying that in case of an accident u r cover(you’re name has to appear in the insurance of you’re parents as a driver). In the state of california every driver has to have insurance. Or u be screwed if they catch u. And the registration of the vehicle. The legal age to get you’re license is 18 or permit is 16 1/2. I hope it helps… U can also find it in the driver study booklet…or at the DMV. Look up new driver rules of california(a year of restriction).
Here the website
Questions and Answers about the Changes to Provisional Driver License Restrictions
Q. What changes are there to the provisional driver license restrictions?

A. Effective January 1, 2006, persons under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or other person specified by law when:

•Transporting passengers under 20 years of age, at any time for the first twelve months.
•Driving between the hours of 11:00 PM and 5:00 AM for the first twelve months

Q. I was issued my provisional driver license on May 1, 2005, and was already restricted for six months. Now, I drive friends to school everyday who are under 20 years of age. Will I be restricted again in January 2006?

A. Yes, you will be restricted through April 2006, or until your 18th birthday, whichever comes first.

Q. When I was issued my provisional driver license, DMV said I would be restricted for six months. Now, DMV is saying 12 months. Does that mean 12 additional months after the six months I already completed?

A. No. The restrictions last a total of 12 months from the date of issuance that displays on your provisional driver license.

Q. I am not sure when my restrictions began. How will I know when they end?

A. Look at the bottom of your driver license. Just to the left of your photograph is the date when the restrictions began. Calculate one year from that date to determine the date the restrictions end.

Q. Will I still be restricted when I turn age 18?

A. When you turn age 18, you will no longer be under the provisional driver license restrictions.

Q. There are two dates at the bottom of my license. Which one indicates the day the restrictions began?

A. The date closest to the photograph is the date the restrictions began.

Q. Will I have to get a new driver license?

A. No. You will not need to get another license.

Q. Why is the department discriminating against teen drivers?

A. The department is not discriminating. It is implementing legislation to save lives. Recent statistics show that citations/serious accidents involving provisional drivers during the 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM period have dramatically increased over the past five years. The change in law should reduce accidents and save lives.

Q. How will these restrictions show on my driving record?

A. The restrictions will read: “First 12 months of licensure may not transport passengers under age 20, and may not drive between the hours of 11:00 PM and 5:00 AM without parent/other driver as specified in Section 12814.6 CVC.”

Q. When the restrictions end, will they be removed from my record automatically?

A. Yes, the restrictions will be automatically removed from your record when the 12 months have ended or when you turn age 18, whichever comes first.

Q. I work a summer job which requires me to drive between 11:00 PM and 5:00 AM. Can I apply for an exception?

A. California Vehicle Code Section 12814.6 provides an exception for a person who has to work, provided that reasonable transportation facilities are inadequate. You must carry a statement with you that is signed by your employer verifying your employment and indicating the date your employment is expected to end. An application for an exception is not necessary.

Q. Are there any other exceptions to the restrictions?

A. Medical necessity when reasonable transportation facilities are inadequate. You must carry a signed statement from your doctor stating the diagnosis and the probable date the necessity will end.

Schooling or school-authorized activities when reasonable transportation facilities are inadequate. You must carry a statement signed by the school principal, dean or a staff person authorized by the principal or dean, indicating when the schooling or school-authorized activity will be completed.

Necessity of family member including yourself, when adequate transportation facilities are unavailable and you need personal transportation or to transport a family member. You must carry a signed statement by a parent/legal guardian verifying the reason you must drive and the probable date the necessity will end.

Emancipated minor If you have filed documents with DMV to

Lizzie asks…

Is a G35 a good car for a college student?

I’m 18, college freshman. I’ve been driving an old beater for two years and am ready for a real car. Love everything about the G35, but I’m not sure if it’s right for a college student.

I wouldn’t be driving much, whenever I go places my friends drive.
@First answer:

I take d*mn good car of my car. I always park as far away as possible near nobody else ;)

Administrator answers:

I have one, i’m 18, and i’m a freshman at UF

it’s a great car, i love mine. Girls like to see a sports car, it’s fun and easy to drive. I highly recommend it

as for door dings, etc, it will happen, but i don’t think your car will be targeted or anything. Premium fuel isn’t the end of the world. 20c more per gallon, 17 gallon tank = $3.50 more per fill up. Could be worse

as for insurance, mine was not bad at all. I’ve been in a few accidents (only 1 at fault, but they all count :-/) so mine’s gotten way worse. But it’s cheaper than my friend’s IS300, which is a sedan

FYI, although i like to floor it a bit, gas mileage is about 20 mpg. On a good day. Depends on where you live too though

Robert asks…

Moving from Chicago IL to Phoenix AZ. How much will it cost?

I plan to move to Phoenix AZ from Chicago IL in a few months. I only have a big couch, my motorcycle and my 47″ LCD TV and my 21 year old car (don’t think my baby (89 Supra) will make the trip to AZ if I drove it there, it needs work.)

How much will it cost to rent a truck with that thing you use to pull a car with. Using U -hall or whichever
what about the millage on the truck? is that extra?

Administrator answers:

First off, completely ignore Tim, his rates are for local and probably just a guess anyway.

I used 8-18-2010 for my dates.
ALL PRICES DON’T INCLUDE TAX, EXTRA FEES, OR INSURANCE. Call your insurance company to see if they cover rental trucks. 10-16′ trucks Gross Vehicle Weight is 12,000 or less. 16′ and bigger is 25,999 or less.

From Phoenix to Chicago
inc. 7 days & 2103 miles
10′=870.30 16′=945.90 24′=1,181.70

Includes up to 7 days of use and 2183 miles.
10′-901.00 14′= 940.00 17′=979.00 26′= 1,224.00

7 days and unlimited miles.
12′ and 16′=752.00 22′ and 26′= 939.00

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Related posts:

  1. Your Questions About 1 Day Car Insurance For 18 Year Old
  2. Your Questions About 1 Day Car Insurance For 18 Year Old
  3. Your Questions About 1 Day Car Insurance For 18 Year Old
  4. Your Questions About 1 Day Car Insurance For 18 Year Old
  5. Your Questions About 1 Day Car Insurance For 18 Year Old